Monday, November 29, 2010

Single crochet 1-2-3



Finally a moment were I can sit down and go over the happenings of my day. Or should at least go over the few days since I have not made a post in quite a while. The week went well. I had plenty of things to keep me busy. And plenty of things on my mind. It's been a trip. It is weird really. I have had moments were I feel utterly tired and unmotivated. And there has been times were I feel kinda like being to myself for awhile. It's funny because I can be so up and down. Like I need to venture away, and become a nature girl to get myself 'ready' or excited to be back in the swing of being sociable again. Now I know being 'not socialble' sounds bad. But really I am not saying I am sick of people. It's more like I need to refresh myself so I may be of use or encouragement to someone else. Does that make sense? On another note, I was excited to try to make chicken salad from a rotisserie chicken that was leftover from yesterday's lunch. It was BBQ of all things. And I wondered if it would make things taste really off with the already rotisserie flavor mixed in. It went over very well. In fact, I am going to plan to make it again. I love having it between fresh asiago cheese bread, and toasted makes it simple. Am I making anyone hungry yet? I also tried a new coffee today. I was looking for a coffee that mimicked the coffee from Verde cafe in Urbana. They have the best coffee. It is called something Sumatra. So I went to the store with high hopes of finding something similar. After having what I found today I think its a wonderful coffee. Robust and smooth. But I still find it shy's away from being as good as Verde's. It was called Sumatra too. But just because it sounds the same doesn't mean it is the same.

I have been finding myself wanting to buy online lately. I keep going to sites like Amazon, Etsy, and fabric.com. I have really seen things that was like oh' i need this, and Ooo I'd love to have that. But part of me wonders if I am just wanting to order something because I like to open packages. And of course find a box near our door. Must be a chick thing. I have behaved thus far. But I am not making any promises.

I have been keeping my crochet up lately. Messing up, trying it again. Doing weird things and trying to figure everything out. It seems I have learned so much more screwing up than I have doing it right. That is how I roll it seems. At least when it comes to creating. Another hat, a coffee cozy. and a few other things. All looking somewhat better in form. I am still going, still wrestling with the simple instructions. Who knew I would have so much trouble with counting. Single crochet 1-2-3 double single crochet 4 single crochet 1-2-3 double single crochet 4. If this doesn't makes sense to you well I am sorry. It hasn't made a whole lot of sense to me either. I promise to make it make more sense when I know what it all means.!


I think I may start reading a book soon. The shack has been recommended to me and it sounds like a really good read. What is nice is I think my mom owns it. So if she hasn't already loaned it out I may try and see if she has it around. Have any of you started a good read lately? I'd love to hear.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your post! Good to see you writing here again.

    I know what you mean about needing time to reenergize. We all need time for reflection and inspiration.

    I can't wait to see all you've been creating. Love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking much forward to seeing your shrug! I was very delighted by its weave and its color was very weather appropriate! A matter of fact I may go see if you have it listed on your etsy shop. No starts of any projects here. I had myself a time trying to follow a crochet flower pattern. If that counts. Still going to need much more work on that one. Also I picked up some lovely amy butler fabric for a couple projects I have been dreaming of. Lots more to share. And an e-mail is certainly due!
    BTW loved your wintry photos on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your realizing that you need some time alone to reconnect with yourself and re-energize is such an important discovery. Do not dismiss it, but rather embrace it.
    Your photo is beautifully designed, but so natural as if you just stepped away from your work space. I love it.
    Keep posting and sharing. Your thoughts and creativity speak to us and bring you close despite physical distance.

    ReplyDelete