Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Makings of a Model.



I've have lots of ideas running through my head as of today. Ideas for a Wheat field handbag, a Sweater pillow and assorted other things. It all started when my husband and I finished lunch. We both decided to retreat to the studio (His) with a teapot full. Not hot tea as you would have supposed, but some delicious mulled hot cider. Something about being able to retreat to a warm space. Not like the rest of our house isn't warm but for some reason this room has become special to us. A relaxing space. Now about the title of today's blog. I don't know what the makings of a model rattles up in your head. But while shopping at Tuttle mall my sweet of a man husband asked if I'd like a cup of coffee. Now this to me was just as much pleasure of being able to go out to a five star restaurant. Well, almost.... But after we had ordered a 'Mint Condition' of caribou coffee I realized what a cute little cup they had it in. Now if you are wondering what a Mint condition coffee entails give me a second. So as I admired the caramel yellow cup with the dark brown lid it hit me. A Perfect model cup! I had needed something like this because I have been making a coffee warmer, insulator, gripping, wear like a sweater around a cup o' Joe type creation. Now I have seen these before and really loved the idea. And I actually plan on making several of my own as well as placing these warm little coffee sweaters in my Etsy store. I never had a cup to model them on but finally I believe I do. At least so I hope. Now, back to 'Mint Condition' just in case you thought I forgot. It was a powerfully yummy combination of espresso, cream, coffee, dark chocolate, and Andes mints. It was oh so bad. But oh so good. Simply amazing.

I have been stock piling my very modest stash of material as of late. Is that a oxymoron? I really am having a tough time finding a project I want to start with. My modest stash makes me want to think through my plans very well. But the only other option is to just go for it and let my imagination run. There is this wild side to me that wants to try a risky color scheme and the more careful side that wants to tip toe my way in.


Here is the idea I had for a 'Wheat fields handbag' This is really just a rescued tablecloth from a thrift store with a section of a folded olive green cloth that may be used for an interior. The shape I have below is an idea I may consider. I still have not decided. And I am not sure if I am ready to conquer a decision at least until I feel very confident of it's turnout. If you have any creative flair you can add I would appreciate any comments.



Do you remember me telling you about what I believe to be a red velvety vintage fabric I found? 
Well I finally took a picture of it.

I really have been playing around with the idea of making it into a vintage floor cushion.
Below I have a pattern for one. And it seems to fit. 


The book was a new addition to my forever growing library. One that I am sure will be one of my favorites. I love getting new things to read. But I also love the inspiration it gives me. That wave of encouragement to keep creating. Even when its one of those uncreative days.


There you have it. Now all I need to is decide which one to start on.
And that sometimes can be the most challenging.

1 comment:

  1. Go for it! Be brave. Be daring. Jump right in!

    I love to see all the projects that you're hatching. It inspires me even more!

    ReplyDelete