Friday, November 19, 2010

Another day, another hat. Well sorta.

So here it is already Friday. This has been a funny week. It seems like all week has been were I literally have to drive myself to do what needs done. Now there was a time were I would go merrily skipping my way through my home excited about the day. Now I never said I would get excited about the thing I dread the most, dishes. But in the grand scheme of things I don't mind much whatever else. But even with all that. I did find myself after pushing my way, yes there needed to be a push involved. That I was more out of my funk. But why couldn't I have done that Monday? Better luck next week I suppose.



Well I started another hat, a baby hat. I have been in baby-land. Maybe that's why I have been in a funk?
This one is a lot more complicated as I try and get use of a yarn that wants to separate, curl and kink as I work with it. I do like its soft and warm texture and the creamy colored yarn. I really find that I better try making several hats for awhile until I get the hang of that. Then I can gradually allow myself to move to other things. Now while I say that let me show you my handicapped flowers I was working with ;)






I believe I was working towards a daffodil, now with that said maybe you see a slight resemblance.
Now I know they look rather out of sorts. But mind you these were my very first ones. With no pattern to follow. What is it with me not wanting to follow patterns? I was totally and completely winging it. But I think it turned out that way mainly because I had never worked with that small of yarn and then there's the I never made flowers excuse. Which in my book is acceptable. Now I can allow all of you to see me falter and begin to be a bit more talented as I go along. Maybe it will give someone else hope as they learn. As well as teach others to follow directions. I have not even began to look for directions. But I see I am going to need to very, very soon.


Sorry about the poor picture quality. It was very muggy outside and I hate using the flash and getting
very harsh pictures. (Although maybe harsh would of have been better.) I will have alot to show you here in a few weeks as I get more time to work with things. I will keep you updated on the process. For now I am going to try the skipping thing in my home as I try and capture the feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I think your flower attempts are wonderful!!! Seriously, I am so impressed by everything you've been working on and I can't wait to see more.

    :)

    ReplyDelete