Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's sunny and bright here, with plenty of rain the following night making things appear greener than they had weeks before. Its the middle of November, and wonderfully today doesn't it feel like it. I have been at odds in knowing what project I would like to start next. I was able to find lots of new material to add to my stash including what seems to be a vintage red velvet with soft straight lines running through it. There is also this Tablecloth that I found ( this is one of my favorites) that I believe will make it's way into to being a bag. If I have my way that is. With all this material it will make things a lot more creative having the ability to choose different coordinating fabrics. As well as un-coordinating. Sometimes mis-matched stuff can make an item so much more interesting. So in the future I will soon see what projects come into fruition.






My crocheting lately has been pretty interesting. I started on a lilac purple hat. Fit for a baby,that is until I realized how it was going and ended up taking it half apart. With no previous experience I started on it without having a pattern to follow. When I got towards the top I realized how cute it could be if it had a little spunk. So hence the spunk! I think for a first baby hat, it's not to bad. But there is some irregularity I would like to work out of still. This seems to be how I do things. Starting and then realizing it's not going as well as I would have liked, and then stripping it apart until I get to the area were I feel things are going well again. Then there are those times were I just put the whole thing away and procrastinate on it so that I can start another new fresh project. I tend to be easily distracted at times. Having had days gone by before I could finally work on a project. The very last thing I want to do is feel the pain in tearing apart what I had been working on for the last hour. But making things tend to be that way. The first time you do something usually is a little less than perfect. So I just need to get used to that. And I also need to get used to working on a project over several days, rather than feeling like I need to finish it right away.

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this hat!!

    I am so impressed by how much progress you've made with your crochet. Can't wait to see all that you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I must say my hat is irrefutabley minor in comparison to your rose crochet necklace! But now you have given me something definately to work towards! But being what it is, I was very happy with the progress I have been making. I still need to work on my tension a bit while crocheting. And I also need to relax a bit more during my projects. I can get a little tense while working with yarn. And it is mainly because I am trying a bit to hard!!lol. It's been fun, and I am really looking foward to doing more of these spunky lil' hats. And may eventually get one in my Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your new banner!! The logo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    Aw thank you very much! I am going to see how I can make it smaller.
    Its a bit to big for the space. But I am so far happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, lady. Glad to see you've also started a blogger page. I'll be sure to visit often.
    I am pleased by your evolving crochet love affair. When I taught Anne to crochet I had no idea she would take it so far. Knowing she had an influence on you warms my heart.
    Hope you stop by my blog once in a while and give me some much needed input.
    Congrats on your new niece. My niece and only godchild is adopting a newborn girl as soon as she's born. The teenaged mother's due date was yesterday. We pray all goes well and this sweet new life will join our family very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon,
    Aw that is so kewl! I definitely will pray for everything to run smooth as your niece adopts her little one! Kamryn Rose my nieces name and she is already too cute to boot! When she yawns its adorable! And when she sneezes she lets out a little sigh afterwards. I am already in love and she has only been here six days. Actually it makes me a little sad that I don't have a little baby yet. But all in good time I suppose! It's amazing how much care has been given to her every toe, hand and lil' feet! And it's keeps striking me how God knew her intimately before we ever got to see her. She is truly amazing! I definitely will be following your post! Although I need one more reminder on what your blogs web address is again. And also let me know if you mind if I add it to my blog list. (Anne knows what that is). I imagine you already do to by now.
    But I didn't until just yesterday! And Yes Anne has definitely has had an impression on Me! First gardening, then sewing, and now crochet, this girl has got me busy! lol. But thats a very good thing. Now all I need is a little more time! Thanks for your comment and I look forward to reading on what you have been up to!
    And BTW, Kamryn's birthmother was a week overdue. But nobody know's for sure when she was conceived.

    talk soon!

    ReplyDelete