Thursday, December 9, 2010

You Would Think


You would think that we would have managed to decorate our tree considering it was brought home on Sunday. But I guess we have been a bit too busy.  I may need to just drag everything down from the attic and say 'here are the ornaments lets do it now'. Not like I can't do it by myself, but we always tend to decorate it together. I guess we will see what tonight musters. On another note I have picked up some more fabric for some wallets I would like to make.

I believe The light blue and yellow will be one,

 and then the darker blue and yellow and red polka dots another.



 I haven't made up my mind yet which pattern I would like to follow. That's the hard Part. And I have been saving that decision till last.

I found an old friend yesterday. One who I knew from a church where I grew up. She also has her own Etsy shop and it was exciting to see someone else I know with a passion for creating things. I sent her a message, with no real hopes except to let her know how happy I was to see she was pursuing art as I am. I hope to see more and more people I know come into the creative circle of Etsy shops. I think we all need a little creativity. And what better way is there then to have your own little shop on the web if you can't yet have a 'real physical one.

Our sweepers broken, at least that I can't vacuum. So there is pine needles strung all over the floor were we first strangled the tree when we were setting it up. And there is also dirt all over are carpet floor in the kitchen when I was trying to clean up the inside of my plants pots from leaves and other matter. The sweeper broke several days ago when I noticed it sounded very clunky when the brush spins. I looked at it as it was spinning, spun fine except it was spinning rather haphazardly! So today I am hoping the part I ordered has come into the little store downtown ( it's a modest sweeper repair, and sewing shop). I wish they had a lot more sewing things. But all they really have is new machines for sale, and maybe a dozen colors of thread and that's it. No fabric, no patterns, sigh...

Well, there is a load a laundry waiting for me. As well as a sink full of dishes so I think that's it for today
Thanks for listening :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics! So lovely! Did you buy them from Fabric.com? What is the name/design/designer of the one you're pairing with the red and white polkadots?

    Hope you get your vacuum fixed soon! And your tree decorated. It's sometimes nice to take things slowly. A bare tree is pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I actually bought these at a store in Columbus called "Sew to Speak"
    I think I have sent you a link to it before? The Color is a bit darker and teal-ish then the picture shows. The fabric is from of one of my now new favorite designers by Joel Dewberry. Here is the link http://www.joeldewberry.com
    I have been seeing more and more of his line and it's simply amazing! Check it out, I am sure you won't be disappointed and you may even find yourself wanting to start some of your projects with his line as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I have seen his fabrics before. I'm glad to be reminded, though. And his website is great. Can't wait to see what you do with the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete